Power Words for YouTube Videos
This web page is brought to you by today's Power Word "Startling".
Want to increase the number of views of your YouTube videos? Then you need Power Words!
These are words that are pretty much guaranteed to get people interested in your videos. Our interactive Power Words viewer on this page has taken the list of 1,103 Power Words from this website and has ranked each word by how popular it is with existing YouTubers.
The Top Power Words
These are the top 50 Power Words according to how often they are appear in the titles of 322,041 videos analyzed by FindAChannel. Click on a word to view some examples of YouTube videos that use that particular Power Word in their title.
|Power Word||% of Videos|
How to Use Power Words
- Try to use at least one Power Word in each of your video titles.
- For greatest impact, include a Power Word right at the start of your video title.
- Capitalizing the Power Word(s) can work very well. SSSniperWolf does this in a few of her video titles (example: Spoiled RICH Kids on Tik Tok). Note that she also mixes things up - sometimes she capitalizes all of the title.
- Don't be afraid to use different tenses, singular or plural or word forms of this list of Power Words. For example the original list contains Announcing but I have noticed that Announcement is a VERY powerful word when used by the channels I subscribe to (I almost always watch announcements!).
- Remember that you can use additional Power Words as captions on your thumbnail. You don't need to repeat the words used in your text title. Different Power Words can appear that help explain what your video is about. Many of these Power Words are so strong you don't need to use them in a complete sentence on your thumbnail. For example you can just use a Power Word like this: Affordable???, AGONY!, Awkward!.
Visit this website for a complete list of Power Words you can use in your own video titles. They work great for blog post titles too!